Dolphins Brian Flores explains the very

Brian Flores spent the majority of his 13-minute Wednesday morning pre s conference fielding questions about his decision to start over moving forward. The on Wednesday morning, le s than 24 hours after reports surfaced that that Tagovailoa would be replacing Fitzpatrick, who has helped the Dolphins post a 3-3 record heading into their Week 7 bye.Flores, who is in the middle of his second season as the Dolphins' coach, said that the decision, while difficult, was "the best thing for the team" moving forward. Tagovailoa, the No. 5 overall pick in the 2020 draft, Don Larsen Jersey completed his first two pa ses near the end of Sunday's 24-0 win over the . His first career start will take place at home against the in Week 8."Fitz has been great," . "I don't know if anybody has been more instrumental in trying to instill a culture and embody a lot of the things we're looking for in terms of toughne s, competitivene s, being team first. He's made an impact on Tua but a lot of other players on this team. I have great respect for him, and that made this decision very Derek Jeter Jersey tough. But at the end of the day, we felt like this was the best move for our team now moving forward. But we feel like with Fitz, the way he handles himself and his impact on this team, I feel like it will still be there. But he's been a tremendous a set and leader on this Matt Holliday Jersey team." WAS QB #14 Fitzpatrick is completing a career-high 70.1% of his pa ses through six games. After a 1-3 start, the Dolphins have won consecutive games by a combined score of 67-17. While Miami's defense has played a major role in the Dolphins' recent turnaround, Fitzpatrick also played a significant role, throwing six touchdowns and completing 73% of his pa ses over the past two games. Flores said that he does not anticipate the offense undergoing significant changes with Tagovailoa under center. Flores did stre s multiple times that it will take a team effort as it relates to how succe sful the Dolphins' offense will be moving forward. "I'm confident in all of our players, Tua included," Flores said. "He's practiced well, he's worked hard in meetings and walkthroughs. He's got good rapport with teammates. I Randy Johnson Jersey 'm confident that, if he prepares the way that he's been preparing, I'm confident that we'll go out and have good results. But it's not a one man game. It's football. We'll need all 11 guys to go out there and play together and play as a team. And I'm Babe Ruth Jersey confident that we can do that."Flores did not hide his disappointment in how the news of Miami's quarterback switch was announced, as he said that he would have preferred to addre s the team of his decision before it was leaked to the public. "Unfortunately, that's the way of the world right now," Flores said. "That's unfortunate. I'm not happy about that at all. I'll addre s that to the team and apologize to the team that they had to find out through social media. I don't think that's fair to them."