Greg Olsen reveals reaction to Fox hirin

NFL broadcast teams changed wildly during the 2022 NFL offseason as a result of expiring contracts and Amazon taking over the NFL's "Thursday Night Football" broadcasts. Several familiar faces will be in new places, and among them will be Fox Sports' Greg Olsen.Olsen was a part of Fox's No. 2 NFL broadcast during 2021, his first year as an analyst. He has been bumped up Derwin James Jr. Jersey to the No. 1 team with the departure of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. However, it will only be temporary and was overshadowed by Fox's major offseason acquisition.Fox that will eventually install the Buccaneers quarterback as the team Kyle Van Noy Jersey 's top color commentator. The contract will begin once Brady elects to retire.IYER: As such, Olsen's position as Fox's No. 1 analyst will only be temporary. How is he taking it? Olsen told Wednesday that while he thought that he was "in the mix" for the No. 1 job long-term and "had good dialogue" with Fox, he isn't too upset about losing the job to Brady."We had heard the same rumors everybody else did and we were trying to make sense of it all," Olsen said. "When the news came, it was like you just said: If it was someone else like if I got jumped by someone else, sure, I wouldve wanted to burn the city to the ground, right? I would have been pi sed and whatever."But when you lose out on Tom Brady Mike Williams Jersey , its like, 'This sucks. At least he doesnt take the job now; maybe I can have my time in the sun and keep his seat warm until he gets there.' But yeah, if youre going to lose, at least lose to him."IYER: As Olsen mentioned, he will still have time to serve as Fox's No. 1 analyst. It's unclear how long that may be; Brady retired briefly during the 2022 NFL offseason before returning, so it's clear that he doesn't believe he has a lot of time left in the league.But even if Olsen Los Angeles Chargers T Shirts is only in the spotlight for one year, that will give him plenty of exposure. It will open doors for him to take another high-profile broadcasting gig once Brady makes the transition from the field to the booth.MORE:Either way, Olsen isn' Corey Linsley Jersey t beating himself up for getting jumped in the broadcast ranks by Brady. He may not have a lot of broadcasting experience, but he is the greatest quarterback to play in the NFL."I can at least live with the only person in the world who beat me out was Tom Brady," Olsen said. "I can live with that."