Why Mac Jones could overtake Cam Newton

Happy Tuesday to everyone, although I have to say, that probably isn't the best way to start things off today, because it's definitely not going to be a happy Tuesday for everyone due to the fact that it's cut day in the NFL. Each team in the league will be making its second round of cuts today, which means roughly 160 players will be out of a job by the end of the day. If they want to take some of the sting off of getting cut, I suggest getting a Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, which apparently came out today at Starbucks. Is it way too early for that kind of stuff? Probably, but I will end up drinking three of them Stefan Noesen Men Jersey before the end of the week, so I'm not going to judge. Alright, let's get to today's rundown, where we'll be talking about why could overtake and we'll also be revealing our All-AFC East team. As always, here's your weekly reminder to tell all your friends to sign up for the Pick Six newsletter. To get your friends to sign up, all you have to do is with them. 1. Today's show: Fantasy week is starting It's officially "Fantasy Week" on the Pick Six podcast, which is our way of telling you that if you want to win your fantasy league this year, then you better listen to every podcast we put out over the next few days. For today's show, Will Brinson was joined by CBS Sports fantasy guru Frank Stampfl. If you're into daily fantasy sports, you should probably start stalking Frank on Twitter and that's because DFS is his bread-and-butter. Frank actually hosts a daily podcast of his own here at CBS Sports -- you -- and on that podcast, he gives out DFS advice Michael Mcleod Kids Jersey (his most recent podcast for Monday's game between the and ). If you've never tried your hand at daily fantasy stuff, then this is definitely the perfect episode of the Pick Six Podcast to listen because it will help you get your feet wet. Today's show won't be available until late Tuesday, but it will be worth the wait. To listen to today's episode when it comes out -- and to subscribe to the best daily podcast out there -- . Excited for the biggestin history?. If you already have the CBS Sports app, make sure to favorite the your favorite team so you don't mi s a thing! 2. makes strong case for Saints starting QB job I don't usually get overly excited to watch preseason games, but I was glued to my television last night for Jacksonville's game against New Orleans to watch one person: Jamies Winston. This was a huge game for Jameis Winston and because of that, I was half-expecting him to throw five interceptions, which is what he usually does in huge games. However, not only did Jameis avoid throwing any picks, but he basically played a flawle s game in the Saints' 23-21 win. Here are a few nuggets from the game. Jameis makes his case to be the Saints starter. Whatever Sean Payton is doing with Winston, it's definitely working. Jameis was on fire last night as he completed 9 of 10 pa ses for 123 yards and two touchdowns during one quarter of work. I have no idea what Payton's criteria is for picking a starter, but I have to think Winston won him over and did enough to earn the job with Monday's performance. wasn't horrible, but Jameis was better. After Winston's one quarter of action, Hill was put in the game and he actually got to play for two quarters. Although he Will Butcher Women Jersey was going up against easier competition -- the Jaguars had a few more defensive backups in when Hill was playing -- that didn't translate to more succe s for Hill. The Saints' Swi s Army knife QB completed just 11 of 20 pa ses for 138 yards and a TD. It was a respectable performance, but it was nowhere as good as Winston's. looks like a star in the making. Callaway doesn't get to vote for who will be the team's starting QB, but if he did, he'd probably vote for Winston. The two seem to have some serious chemistry on the field. Against the Jags, Callaway caught five pa ses for 104 yards, including a 29-yard TD and a 43-yard TD, which both came from Winston in the first quarter. struggled. I'm starting to think that Trevor Lawrence might not be good enough to solve all of the Jaguars' problems this year. The Jags' biggest problem is that their offensive line isn't that good and because of that, Kyle Palmieri Jersey Lawrence faced a lot of pre sure last night. That was one of the big reasons why he finished just 14 of 23 for 113 yards. gets injured. The Jaguars first-round pick was on crutches after the game. According , he suffered a Lisfranc iniury and will have further tests to determine the severity of the injury. The rookie , but there should be a better timeline for his recovery once the foot has had more testing done on it.As for the Saints QB Battle, if you want to read a more detailed piece on why Winston has an edge on Hill, . 3. 2021 All-AFC East team The spent the offseason restocking their roster and if our All-AFC East team is any indication, their decision definitely paid off big time. The might be the defending AFC East champions, but the Patriots have the most players on our all-division team. Jared Dubin went through all four rosters in the division to create one Super Team that consisted of 27 players (12 on offense, 12 on defense plus three special teams). Of the 27 players on the All-AFC East team, ELEVEN OF THEM came from New England. The Bills produced seven players, which was the second most. With that in mind, let's take a look at the offense for the AFC East's all-division team: QB: , Bills RB: , Patriots WR: , Bills WR: , Bills WR: , TE: , Patriots FLEX: , OT:Mekhi Beckton, Jets OT: , Jets OG: Michael Owenu, Patriots OG: , Patriots C: , Bills Although the Patriots had the most players overall, the might not even be the biggest surprise. A bigger shock might be the fact that the Jets had more players (5) than the Dolphins (4)! If you Drew Stafford Men Jersey want to see the defensive side of the AFC East's All-Division team, plus the special teams representatives, . 4. Cut Day: NFL teams have to trim rosters down to 80 players If it's Tuesday, that can only mean one thing in the NFL: Players are getting cut today. With the league trimming the preseason down to three games this year, the NFL decided to hold three cut days with each one coming on the Tuesday following a full week of preseason games. The first cut day came last week with each team trimming its roster down to 85 players. For today's cut day, each team has to trim its roster down to 80 players (The biggest cut day won't be coming until Tuesday, Aug. 31, when each team has to get its roster down to just 53 players). Teams will have until 4 p.m. ET today to get their roster down to 80 players. Although th